Python software development
Initially developing small scripts to extract information from logs and traces and small home projects, Michael has now returned to full time software development using Python. This builds on a foundation of experience in software systems, architecture and continual innovation.
Application scale Python software development
Automation framework for IOT condition monitoring sensor
With a history of attempts to automate limited parts of the product, the unsuitability of the product for manual testing, and other challenges, this was an ambitious project.
The project has a number of significant steps:
- Evaluation and selection of possible programming languages and tools.
- Confirming that each of the many identified test interfaces could be controlled or monitored using Python. Interfaces included: NMEA(GPS), vibration waveform simulation, MQTT via mobile networks, NFC, CLI
- Creation of a Mediator pattern based approach to the parallel interfaced for asychronous control of the interfaces
- Production of example test scripts making use of the framework
- Porting of the framework from Windows to a Raspberry Pi.
- Operation of an Azure Devops Agent on a Raspberry Pi
WIFI performance and mobility in simulated RF environments
A number of attempts at creating automated tests for performance and mobility had been attempted by the client with limited success.
Starting from a simple outline in a proprietary test script language, the project expanded with large amounts of support code in Python, together with test scripts orders of magnitude larger than previous scripts.
Python code was written to: configure and monitor Cisco WIFI Access Points; drive programmable attenuators; calibrate and operate advanced WIFI test equipment.